Prefix request

Norris, Emma

Dear OBO Community,

We are writing to request namespace for an ongoing project that is developing a Behaviour Change Intervention Ontology (BCIO). The project is called the Human Behaviour-Change Project (see www.behaviourchangeproject.org and attached flyer).

This is a four-year project funded by the Wellcome Trust (UK) as a collaboration between behavioural (Professor Susan Michie, Professor Robert West, Professor Marie Johnston and Professor Michael P. Kelly), computer (Professor John Shawe-Taylor and Pol Mac Aonghusa) and information scientists (Professor James Thomas) based at University College London and Universities of Cambridge and Aberdeen, UK, and the IBM Research Laboratory (Ireland).

We have already established the first part of the ontology, the Behaviour Change Technique Taxonomy v1 (https://njl-admin.nihr.ac.uk/document/download/2002785) and are building on this to develop the rest of the ontology. We are also working with ontologist Janna Hastings who has worked on various related projects including the Emotion and Mental Functioning ontologies.  We can send you more details of this if required.

We are working to establish an ontology for behaviour change interventions and use this to create an up-to-date knowledge base to help design effective interventions tailored to particular populations, settings and behaviours. This has huge potential to revolutionise the way researchers, practitioners and policy-makers access and appraise published behaviour change interventions.

We request the following prefix:

Prefix: BCIO

Title: Behaviour Change Intervention Ontology

Home page: www.behaviourchangeproject.org

Contact e-mail: [hidden email]

PURL user ID: HBCProject

Please do contact us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.

Susan Michie and Emma Norris

Professor Susan Michie, DPhil, CPsychol, FBPS, FAcSS

Director, UCL Centre for Behaviour Change

University College London

1-19 Torrington Place

London WC1E 7HB

tel: +44 207 679 5930 (int x45930)

www.ucl.ac.uk/health-psychology/people/Susan_Michie

Dr Emma Norris
Research Associate, Human Behaviour-Change Project

University College London
Room 346, 1-19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HB
@EJ_Norris
PsyPAG Chair

@HBCProject @UCLBehaveChange

Centre for Behaviour Change: www.ucl.ac.uk/behaviour-change
NEW MSc in Behaviour Change starting 2017: Find out more and register here

hbcp-recruitment-brochure.pdf (606K) Download Attachment

Re: Prefix request

Chris Mungall

Hi Emma,

Sounds like an exciting project. When do you think you will have an OWL download ready? The link below is for a PDF document. Once we have an OWL (or obo) file we can officially start the namespace registration process. Let us know if you need help setting things up (e.g getting a github repository set up in an optimal way).

On 5 Apr 2017, at 1:49, Norris, Emma wrote:

[...]

FW: Prefix request

Norris, Emma

Dear OBO Community,

Please see below our request for namespace. Looking forward to hearing your response.

Best wishes

Emma

http://www.humanbehaviourchange.org/

@HBCProject @UCLBehaveChange

Centre for Behaviour Change: www.ucl.ac.uk/behaviour-change

NEW MSc in Behaviour Change starting 2017: Find out more and register here

hbcp-recruitment-brochure.pdf (606K) Download Attachment

Re: Prefix request

Chris Mungall

Hi Emma,

Did you see my response from April 10?

On 20 Apr 2017, at 6:42, Norris, Emma wrote:

Dear OBO Community,

Please see below our request for namespace. Looking forward to hearing your response.

Best wishes

Emma

Dr Emma Norris

Research Associate, Human Behaviour-Change Project

University College London

Room 346, 1-19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HB
@EJ_Norris

PsyPAG Chair

http://www.humanbehaviourchange.org/

@HBCProject @UCLBehaveChange

Centre for Behaviour Change: www.ucl.ac.uk/behaviour-change

NEW MSc in Behaviour Change starting 2017: Find out more and register here

Re: Prefix request

Colin Batchelor

Oops – that repost was caused by me not paying enough attention and missing that it was a duplicate when I was clearing the obo-discuss mail filter. Apologies.

[...]

This communication is from The Royal Society of Chemistry, a company incorporated in England by Royal Charter (registered number RC000524) and a charity registered in England and Wales (charity number 207890). Registered office: Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BA. Telephone: 0207 4378 6556, Facsimile: 0207 4490 3393 (Head Office). This communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any person other than the intended recipient(s) without the consent of The Royal Society of Chemistry. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please (1) notify us immediately by replying to this email and delete all copies from your system and (2) note that disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. Any advice given by The Royal Society of Chemistry has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and The Royal Society of Chemistry cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not represent those of The Royal Society of Chemistry. The Royal Society of Chemistry owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss as a result of the use of this email and/or attachments. The Royal Society of Chemistry acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The Royal Society of Chemistry does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening. m